- Preheat the oven to 170°C (325°C).
- Line baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, sift the flours, sugar and vanilla extract.
- Using a hand mixer, whisk the egg whites with the salt.
- Whisk in the Amaretto liqueur until well combined.
- Incorporate egg whites to the dry ingredients and mix with your hands until the dough is smooth.
- Roll the dough into balls (about 1 tablespoon), roll into the powdered sugar and place on the prepared baking tray.
- Leave a bit of space between the cookie balls.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let them cool.
- The cookies will keep for up to 3 days in an airtight container.
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 egg whites
- Pinch of salt
- Powdered sugar
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Amaretto liqueur