Basic Roast Chicken
- Preheat oven to 220°C (or 430°F).
- Put the chicken in a large roasting pan and season cavity with salt and pepper.
- Squeeze the juice from half the lemon over chicken.
- Add the lemon halves into chicken cavity.
- Brush both sides of chicken with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Add some fresh thyme.
- Roast the chicken in the oven for 1 hour.
- Cover with aluminium foil and leave to rest for 15 minutes before carving.
- 1 farm-raised chicken
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Juice 1 lemon
- Fresh thyme (optional)