- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Line a brownie pan with baking parchment.
- In a large bowl, melt the butter and chocolate together.
- Place bowl over a saucepan of simmering water.
- Remove from heat and add sugar; mix well.
- Add vanilla extract and eggs; mix until blended.
- Sift the flour, salt and baking powder; mix to combine.
- Pour into prepared brownie pan.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until the centre of the brownies no longer jiggles.
- Cool completely before cutting.
- 200g (1 cup) dark chocolate, chopped
- 100g (1/2 cup) butter, chopped
- 250g (1 1/4 cup) golden caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 100g (3/4 cup) plain flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 25g (1/4 cup) cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract