- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Grease and flour a round cake pan.
- In a bowl, beat together the eggs and sugar until well combined.
- Continue adding oil, cinnamon, flour, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, vanilla and salt.
- Beat on low speed for 2 minutes.
- Stir in carrots and walnuts.
- Pour batter into prepared cake pan.
- Bake at 350°F for about 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Let cool for 15 minutes.
- Remove from pan and return cake to the wire rack to finish cooling.
- In the meantime, make frosting: in a bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and butter.
- Beat the mixture with electric mixer until smooth.
- Frost the cake and sprinkle pecans on frosted cake, if desired.
- Refrigerated until needed.
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups carrot, grated
- 1 1/2 vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup pecans, chopped (optional)