- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Line two round cake tins with baking paper.
- Into a large bowl, beat the eggs with an electric whisk.
- Gradually add sugar and continue beating until mixture is thick.
- Gradually sift the flour, salt and baking powder; whisk until well combined.
- Divide batter between prepared cake tins.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from tin and transfer to a wire rack; leave to cool.
- Fill with whipped cream and jelly; dust with icing sugar and fresh fruit.
- 225g (8 oz) self-raising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 4 eggs
- 200g (7 oz) granulated sugar
- Whipped cream, for filling
- Jelly, for filling (optional)
- Fresh fruit, for dusting
- Icing sugar, for dusting (optional)