Chocolate Chip Cookie
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, sift the flour, baking soda and salt together.
- In another bowl, mix sugars, vanilla extract and butter until smooth and creamy.
- Stir in the egg and chocolate chips until well combined.
- Using a tablespoon or an ice cream scoop, drop the dough onto the prepared baking tray (cookies will spread).
- You may need to make several batches.
- Bake the cookies for about 10 minutes.
- Remove cookies from oven and let them cool on baking tray; transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely.
- 1/2 cup half-salted butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/2 brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups cooking chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt