Easy Mince Pies
- Sift the flour and salt into a mixing bowl.
- Rub butter in the precedent mixture.
- Mix in caster sugar.
- Combine the pastry into a ball and leave it to rest into a plastic bag in the fridge.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (440°F).
- Roll half of pastry out as thinly as possible and cut it into rounds.
- Place the rounds in the patty tins adding one teaspoon of mincemeat to each one.
- Roll out the other half of pastry and cut it into smaller rounds.
- Press the edges together to seal.
- Brush them lightly with milk.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm, dust with icing sugar.
- 100g (3 1/2 oz)cold butter, diced
- 350g (12 oz) plain flour
- 30g (1 oz) golden caster sugar
- 300g (10 1/2 oz) mincemeat
- A little milk
- Pinch of salt
- Icing sugar