- Mix all the ingredients together to make a soft dough.
- Knead the dough with your hands and cover it with a linen cloth.
- Let rest the dough at room temperature for 2 hours.
- Once the dough has risen, place it on the floured counter and knead the dough.
- Divide it into three equal pieces.
- Fold the dough over itself and roll while pushing the dough outwards until it becomes a long snake, repeat this step with the other pieces of dough.
- Let rest the baguette on a floured baking sheet for 1 hour, cover it with the linen cloth.
- Preheat ovent to 550°F.
- Use a razor blade to score the bread and put a small water container in the oven, this helps keep a good amount of moisture in the oven while the bread bakes.
- Put the bread in the oven for 20-30 minutes.
- 3 cups warm water
- 7 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 5 teaspoons active dry yeast