French onion soup
- Preheat oven to 450°F (240°C).
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat and add onions.
- Then add the flour and stir to combine; season with salt and pepper.
- Pour in chicken stock; cover and cook for about 30 minutes.
- Pour the mixture into 4 heatproof soup bowls.
- Toast the bread slices.
- Put 2 or 3 bread slices on top of the bowls and top with cheese.
- Broil in the preheated oven for a few minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve hot with country bread slices.
- 4-5 onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 l chicken stock
- Shredded Gruyere
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Country bread, sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper