- In a food processor: place the chickpeas, garlic, lemon juice, tahini, cumin and salt.
- Process until well combined and creamy.
- If necessary, add 1 tablespoon water to achieve the desired consistency.
- Transfer the hummus to a bowl.
- Sprinkle with pepper and coriander leaves (optional); drizzle with olive oil over the top.
- Serve with pitas.
- 1 15-ounce can chikpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Water (optional)
- Coriander leaves (optional)