Irish Apple Cake
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Grease and flour a baking pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the flour, baking powder, nutmeg, cloves, nutmeg, salt; stir to combine.
- In another container, beat the sugar and butter, mixing with an electric hand whisk.
- Toss apples to the butter mixture, add eggs and milk; stir to combine.
- Add to the flour mixture and mix in.
- Pour the batter into prepared baking pan.
- Bake in the oven for about 45-50 minutes.
- Remove from oven and leave to cool.
- Serve with custard sauce.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cups milk
- 4 oz. butter
- 4 Granny Smith apples, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg