- In a large bowl, pour the dry ingredients.
- Heat the honey and the butter in a pan over low heat.
- Pour the melted butter into the dry mixture and the lemon zest.
- Mix well and leave to cool.
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line two baking trays with parchment paper.
- Using your hands, roll dough into about 30 small balls, then flatten each one slightly into a disk.
- Divide the biscuits between the two baking trays.
- Bake for 15 minutes and leave the biscuits cool.
- Prepare the icing: mix together the sugar, egg withe and ½ tablespoon water and stir until smooth.
- Spoon into a piping bag and pipe the icing onto biscuits to decorate.
- 250g plain flour
- 70 butter
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 200ml clear honey
- 300ml cream, whipped
- Pinch of ground cloves
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- 1 lemon, grated zest
- For the icing:
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 100g pure icing sugar
- ½ tablespoon water