- Season the beaten eggs with salt and pepper.
- Add water and whisk together.
- Heat butter in a small frying pan on a medium-low heat until hot.
- Pour in egg mixture; move the pan around to spread the mixture out.
- When the omelette is almost cooked, sprinkle over the cheese.
- Fold the omelette in half and slide it on to a plate.
- Serve immediately with a salad.
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 1/3 shredded Gruyère
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of ground pepper