- Combine the paprika and oregano in a large bowl.
- Rub the mix all over the chicken and marinate chicken for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- In a small saucepan, add chorizo and cook until browned; remove from pan and set aside.
- In another saucepan, add chicken and shrimp; cook until chicken is lightly browned on all sides.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove from pan and reserve.
- Heat the oil in a large paella pan.
- Add onion and cook until soft.
- Stir in the garlic and parsley.
- Fold in the rice and pour in chicken stock.
- Season and simmer for about 15 minutes or until rice is almost tender.
- Add chicken, chorizo, shrimp and saffron.
- Cook for about 15 minutes or until rice is al dente.
- Remove from heat and garnish with lemon wedges and parsley.
- 350g short-grain rice
- 1 (3 pounds) chicken, cut into pieces
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 900 ml chicken stock
- Parsley leaves, chopped (for cooking and serving)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 pound shrimp
- 110g chorizo sausage, skin removed and sliced
- 2 pinches saffron
- Lemon wedges (for serving)