- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Pie crust: in a bowl, mix the flour, salt and oil with fork.
- Add cold water, 1 tablespoon at a time, mixing with fork until all water is absorbed.
- Shape dough into a ball.
- Press in bottom and up side of 9-inch pie pan.
- Filling: in a bowl, whisk eggs and sugar until smooth.
- Add pumpkin puree, whipping cream, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt.
- Stir until well blended.
- Pour pumpkin filling into pie pan and bake 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350°F and bake 45 minutes or until knife inserted 1 inch from crust comes out clean.
- Cool about 2 hours and serve pie with whipped cream.
- Pie crust:
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil or butter
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg or 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3/4 heavy whipping cream
- Pinch salt