- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over low heat and cook the onion for 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute; add the pumpkin and vegetable stock.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to the boil, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and puree with a blender until smooth.
- Add the cream, salt, pepper and cumin and blend.
- Pour into soup bowls and serve with croutons.
- 1kg peeled pumpkin, cut into pieces
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 cups vegetable stock (or chicken stock)
- Olive oil
- Cumin (optional)