- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- In a large mixing bowl, put flour, baking powder, salt and sugar; mix well.
- Add butter and rub in with your fingers until mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add milk and stir to combine.
- Place the dough onto a floured surface; roll dough out into a 1 inch thick round.
- Using a cookie cutter, cut the dough into circles.
- Place scones on greased baking sheet.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until golden.
- Serve with jam or butter.
- 2 cups (240g) flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 (65g) sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2/3 (150ml) cup milk
- Jam (to serve)