- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Cook the potatoes 15 minutes or until just tender.
- Drain and mash the potatoes and add a knob of butter, season with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat, add onion and carrots; cook until soft.
- Add lamb and cook for 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in flour and cook 1 minute.
- Add tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce and beef broth; bring to the boil.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Reduce heat to low and cook until the sauce thickens; season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon lamb mixture into an ovenproof baking dish.
- Top with mashed potato and sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- 4-5 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 5 carrots, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds ground lamb
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3/4 cup beef broth
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 Cheedar cheese, shredded