Slow roast beef brisket
- Preheat oven to 350°F (165°C).
- In a large bowl, mix chili powder, salt, sugar, garlic powder, dry mustard, onion powder, black pepper and bay leaf until thoroughly combined.
- Season the beef brisket on both sides with the spice mixture.
- Place in a roasting pan and roast uncovered for 1 hour.
- Add beef stock, red wine, garlic clove and bay leaves.
- Lower oven to 300°F and cover.
- Cook until tender 3 or 4 hours.
- Baste every 30 minutes and if you run out of liquid add a bit more water.
- Trim the fat and slice meat and serve with cooking juices and potatoes.
- 4 pounds beef brisket, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 bay leaf, crushed
- 1 ½ cups beef stock
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup red wine