- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Put the onion for 3-4 minutes and add the carrot, garlic and beef to brown it.
- Cook for 5 to 10 minutes, stirring.
- Add tomato paste, tomatoes, oregano and cook for 10 minutes.
- While the sauce is cooking, cook the spaghetti in a large pan of boiling, oiled, salted water, according to the pack instructions.
- Taste the sauce and adjust the seasoning and pour over the hot pasta.
- Toss and serve immediately with grated parmesan and basil.
- 2 onions peeled and chopped
- Olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 500g minced beef
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- Grated parmesan
- 500g spaghetti