- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs with milk.
- Stir in flour, salt.
- Place butter into a tin or divide butter evenly into 12 cups of a muffin tin.
- Heat in the oven to melt butter, for 5 minutes or until the fat is smoking.
- Remove tin from oven, and distribute batter evenly among muffin tin.
- Bake in preheated oven 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350°F (175°C) and bake 25 minutes more or until crisp and golden.
- Serve as soon as possible with roast beef.
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup plain flour
- Pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons butter (or vegetable oil)